Purple

Purple

Purple is the shade water dazzles when the sun drips behind the horizon.

Purple is the sparkle when butterflies clap their wings as they take flight into the sky.

Purple is the scent which drifts from fresh violets in a field of blooming flowers.

Purple is a favourite tint of a friend, who is always there on the darkest of days.

Purple is the stripe of University of Hertfordshire, which I graduated from with a first-class honours degree in English Literature and Creative Writing.

Purple is the ribbon of Crohn’s and Colitis UK, which is one of the main charities which have supported me since I was diagnosed with Crohn’s disease at the age of thirteen.

Purple is the word that haunts me during flare-ups which have hospitalised me; when I cannot get out of bed due to fatigue; when I have cried in toilets; fear; anxiety; depression.  

Purple is the colour that inspires me to write young adult fiction novels; to contribute to poetry open mic nights; to speak on the radio about living with Crohn’s disease and dyspraxia, mental health and being a young carer; to try; to succeed; to live; to thrive.

-----

This message remains forever truthful for ‘Crohn’s and Colitis Awareness Week 2017’ and beyond. Thank you for your support.

Purple is the colour that inspires me...Copyright © 2017- Wallpaper Resolutions All rights reserved.    


2 comments: