Butterflies

Butterflies
I shut the door on Mum and Dad shouting in the kitchen and enter the garden.
A purple and striped red butterfly perches on the bird table we have left out. I creep over and my trainers crunch the pebbles below.
I lurch over the creature and my fingers stroke its papery wings. Its heart beats within my nails. I smile for the first time in a long while.
The butterfly drifts into the sky and I am left alone in the garden to remember our brief time together. I pray for it to come back another day.

Its heart beats within my nails...Copyright © 2017- lilyz. All rights reserved.

5 comments:

  1. very imaginative, keep up the good work. I'll love to hear more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I also have Dyspraxia and Crohn's disease. Good to know there is some one else out there going through similar but still doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much for your kind comments. It is great to hear from someone else who has Crohn's disease and dyspraxia. Wishing you the very best.

      Delete