My Truthful Dreams

My Truthful Dreams

Recently I have been having some strange dreams including one about Doctor Who, another about unrequited love and a further about asking a prime minister whether she has heard of a fish and chips restaurant in Bournemouth. The images have made me reflect over what ambitions I would like to achieve in life. Here are some of my truthful dreams.

I dream that my writing will be read all over the world. I write articles including those about living with hidden disabilities, just like the one you are reading now. I produce poetry, short stories, script and have also been finalising a young adult fiction novel. If you are moved by a story, can relate to one of the characters, if I can make you cry, laugh or you become inspired then I will continue to write forever.

I dream to have a wife and children. I am very close to my parents and sister, and wish one day to have a family of my own. This does concern me a bit as I wonder whether I will find someone who will understand I have Crohn’s disease and dyspraxia and a dad who has severe multiple sclerosis. I worry that I might not be able to have children, that my body will stop me from producing. I fear I may not be a good husband or a caring father, but I would love the chance to be both. 

I dream that everyone will understand all our disabilities. I dream to be in a world where I do not have to apologise for talking about poo at the dinner table; that I do not need to say sorry for not having the energy to get out of bed; do not feel guilty that it may take a little longer to tie shoe laces, learn to drive, that I may fumble over words; that health conditions have been and will always be a big part of my life.

These are some of my truthful dreams, and perhaps one day they will come true.
 
Perhaps one day they will come true...Copyright © 2017- Jake Borrett. All rights reserved.    


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for having the confidence to share this Jake

    ReplyDelete