To My Fellow IBDers (World IBD Day 2015)

To My Fellow IBDers (World IBD Day 2015)

Today, Tuesday 19th May 2015, is known as World IBD Day. It is a day for those impacted by Inflammatory Bowel Disease to stand together, to raise awareness and to support the 300,000 people in the United Kingdom and millions across the world affected by Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis.

Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis are the two main forms of Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Both are invisible, lifelong and incurable diseases.

Symptoms of Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis can include:
          Diarrhoea, often with blood
          Severe pain
          Extreme fatigue
          Dramatic weight loss
          Swollen Joints
          Mouth Ulcers
          Eye, skin and liver problems
There can be a number of other possible symptoms too.

This infographic by the brilliant organisation Crohn’s and Colitis UK provides some very useful information on the two conditions.

Copyright © 2015- Crohn's and Colitis UK. All rights reserved.

I was diagnosed with Crohn’s Disease at the age of thirteen. I lived in silence for four years prior to this and since then have gone through physical and emotional pain, colonoscopies and endoscopies, surgery and hospital visits. I would like to take this opportunity to thank every single one of you has made a positive differences during this time. I want to thank my family, my friends, those who cared for me and those who supported me, and lastly to all my blog followers.

I would also like to take this opportunity to say to every brave fighter out there that you are an inspiration. To each and every one of you who has either condition or cares for someone those does, keep on fighting. To turn something negative into a positive is definitely to be admired. Thank you my follower IBDers.

Today may be World IBD Day but let us continue the battle against the Inflammatory Bowel Disease for the days, the weeks, the months and the years to come. If we can continue to raise awareness more people will listen, more will understand and more will be compassionate.

Thanks for reading this message. I hope you personally have a happy week.

Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis are invisible, lifelong and incurable diseases...Copyright © 2015- Jake Borrett. All rights reserved.

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant Jake, just brilliant..Thanks for raising awareness for us on World IBD Day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks very much. It was my absolute pleasure. I hope you had a great World IBD Day yesterday.

      Delete